Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sesame Noodles

 
 
Christine, moi and Soap, the un-official endorsers of Sesame Noodles.
 



My favorite Fatty Sesame Noodles.




Sesame Choco Bombs. 'Nough said. 
 
 
One of my favorite place to have lunch in Phnom Penh is this hole-in-wall Japanese restaurant called Sesame Noodles, a walking distance from the Russian Market. I discovered it when I was reading Asia Life magazine and at that time I was able to drag Soap to try it. We were pleasantly surprised because we liked their house special, a choice of green or yellow chewy noodles on a bed of veggies topped with either caramelized grounded pork or the 'fatty' one. A special tahini sauce is served on the side so you can adjust it to taste. Usually, I just pour everything in and revel in its creamy, salty goodness. You can order it in a lunch set special with either a gyoza, pork buns (MUST-TRY!) or a fruit shake. They have other stuff like tofu and fried chicken, which I haven't tried. Their menu selection is quite edited and fits in a half sheet of A4 paper. They are currently open from only 11am to 2pm but I talked to the friendly Japanese owner and she plans to open in the evening, too. Hope they open soon!

No comments: