Monday, January 07, 2013

Gray Garden



Another shade I'm exploring in my designs is gray. I haven't really used it quite extensively in my early collections but for the past couple of seasons I seem to include a gray section. Gray has a calming effect. It makes you think of lazy days while you sleep in late because the weather is gloomy. I think of days when you have brunch with your friends in your favorite cafe. Gray is casual, not as oppressive as black nor as prestine as white. Gray is the color of the urban jungle that most of us inhabit and it will allow us to blend in and disappear. 




The Margiela AIDS t-shirt I'm wearing was printed using reflectorized paint. When light hit the letters it glows and reflect light.

top - Maison Martin Margiela AIDS tee, bottom - DP s/s 2013 pants, shoes - DP s/s 2013 sandals, accessories - ESQ shades + Thomas Sabo skull necklace + metal rings and bracelet

No comments: