Monday, September 12, 2011

Two Years

I was in Phnom Penh last Friday to attend the second anniversary party of F Magazine, Cambodia's best fashion magazine. All my friends were so excited about it especially what they are going to wear.

As for me I decided to mix a vintage Comme des Garcons top with pieces from my collection for spring/summer 2012. The pants is a gift from my friend Daniel and it's from FadThree that he bought in Japan. I wanted to wear the ponyhair shoes Toxic gave me but it was raining hard that night I didn't want to ruin it so I wore my trusty patent DM's, instead.

As part of the celebration, F Magazine invited 20 designers to create white outfits for the runway.

I showed this layered dress with feathers on the sleeve.

It was also the launching of their September issue featuring Cambodia's superstar, Preap Sovath and Sim Solika.

Inside the issue they also featured the 20 creations in individual spreads. I shot mine in a boat while it cruised the Mekong river.

Backstage, Franco, the magazine's creative director, was busy with the event. With him is Sina of Sophy&Sina, and Sophy, the editor-in-chief of F Magazine.

My friend Toefi wore a hooded piece from my fall/winter 2011 collection.

Here's a group shot with Toefi, Nod (wearing a DP vest), Franco (in a Leon Franco suit and OS necklace), and Eng (in DP pants).

Me with Nod and Franco.

I came to the party with Nod and Finn.

Finn's sister Heather was visiting from the UK, here with model, Sros.

Mylene also wore a DP draped dress, Arnie in DP suit and Anne Marie in a DP skirt from s/s 2011.

I was so surprised and happy when a lot of my friends and clients wore my designs for the party. The celebration continued at Fly Lounge where everyone had time to catch up and chat.

Congratulations F Magazine on your 2 years!

2 comments:

Franco Dionco said...

Thanks D! F Mag loves you!

Anonymous said...

soon kampuchea wears DP, yes pati si manang sa chu chus!!! LOL seriously! great job DP! and happy 2 for F mag and Franco!!! :-) cielo