Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snake

I found this python print top in Bacolod when I went thrifting there. The fabric is cotton and very comfortable, really perfect for Cambodian weather.

It's probably just me but it sorta gives me this Rick Owens vibe (and I'm not really sure if Rick Owens does snake print or uses snake leather in his collections). I really can't afford Rick Owens but I'm blessed with generous friends like Daniel and Elizabeth who spoil me with some pieces. I've scoured the thriftshops for any Rick Owens cast-offs but it's one of the few labels that has been elusive in my grasp. So instead I'm augmenting my fantasy (ok, ok obsession!) for more Rick Owens by these Owen-esque pieces.

When I was in Iloilo recently I was looking for something similar. Luckily, I found another snake print top! The scales are bigger and reminds me of crocodile skin, too. I got it for 100 pesos. Quite a bargain, non? I'm delighted that the top has this unusual seaming on the front and has little darts (which you really can't see) in places that shapes it. It's a bit loose on me which I like and the fabric is a light weight cotton blend. I appreciate that the color is a little subdued, probably a tree snake, and not some intensely colored serpent ala McQueen. I saw one McQueen snake print dress and I was amazed of the technical quality of the printing. That's why it's immensely expensive! Anyone would be hard pressed to surpass snake skin print after McQueen.

My pants is by Bo Parcon (with faux chain detail on the side), shoes by DietButcherSlimSkin, leather bracelet by BLESS, cap from Japan and duffel bag by Adidas Silver.

1 comment:

toxic disco boy said...

looking great teh. ^^ gusto ko rin ng snakesking na dress. hahahaha.