Monday, December 20, 2010

Longchamp Love Affair

I forgot to blog about this bag I got a few months ago from the Jeremy Scott x Longchamp collaboration. This was from the fall/winter 2010 collection and the last piece in the Longchamp store in Bangkok, according to the sales assistant there. Maybe I'm just sucker for such things although I'm quite relieved when I came back two weeks after that there's no more in stock, lol!

It combines a printed canvas body (this time with a print called 'Gold Plates') leather handles and zipper flap.

It reminds me so much of my first JS x LC bag, the "Gold Card' version from fall/winter 2008, but it was too cute to pass. Unlike the 'Colonel' and 'Sergent' version from autumn/winter 2009 which didn't excite me when I saw it.

There was something odd about the size of the 'Colonel', I think a little bit smaller. Maybe it's just me. Initially, I was so excited to get this thinking it would be perfect for some military looks. Anyway, I'd probably have a change of mind if ever I get a hold of this version, just to add to my collection.

The second piece to be released for fall/winter 2010 was this tire print Le Pliage. I'm loving it and so excited to get this. It's the first time from this collaboration that they released a dark colorway. It's usually very colorful and cartoon-ish.

This one though reminds me of Roy Lichtenstein's art. What do you think?

Lovely, non? I hope I'll have the chance to acquire this version.

Oh, and I got this one, too. It's actually my favorite from all the JS x LC bags I got. The 'Stomp' version from the spring/summer 2008 collection was the third time Mr. Scott collaborated with Longchamp.

Since I've been a very good boy this year, a little self gifting wouldn't hurt, non? I'm so happy to finally add to my collection this BLESS x Longchamp piece which I've been dying to get. An equally fashion obsessed friend got it for me (now that I think about it, he's actually more fashion obsessed than me). It's not with me yet but it will be perfect to welcome the new year with this one. The collection was part of the 20th anniversary of ANDAM, a French association that promotes arts and fashion. It also includes designs by Jeremy Scott and Charles Anastase. The BLESS design reconfigures the Le Pliage bag to turn into a donut bracelet. I'm really super excited!

1 comment:

Jogels said...

OMG the Donut Bag saw this on Mitch Dolce's blog last year cool piece