Monday, July 19, 2010

Roxas Yum

Went to Roxas City to visit my family and it's always fiesta when I'm there. My mom made sure to buy diwal (Angelwings shell) because she knows I love it. Roxas has gotten famous for this shell.

Maarte ang shell na to because it can only grow in shallow, clean saltwater. It's very sensitive to pollution and dirt. There was a time when people thought it was becoming extinct so the prices got so high. The shell has a clean, sweet taste. It's preferred boiled with ginger or grilled.

I also had bangus (again!) but this time sorta stewed with vegetables. Sarap!

Another fave of mine is this seaweed salad that's like bijon. I forgot what we call it locally.

My mom introduced me to this yummy Biscotti which reminds me of Wewin's biscocho. It's crispy and chewy at the same time.

My visit home is not complete without eating at Chowking. I got the crispy fish fillet lauriat set which is not bad for P100.

3 comments:

Lyka Bergen said...

More order of the Diwals please!

... said...

Nakakagutom.

I noticed nagda-'diet' ka palagi Ate Don pero bakit hindi ka naman tumataba. Hate you. LOL

Mico Lauron said...

I missed Iloilo a lot! I haven't been home for so long. I missed eating at Tatoy's and scallops in Villa. Have you been to Smallville? Kelan balik mo ng Thailand?