Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Takeo Kikuchi

I'm slowly getting on wearing one by one the stuff I got from Japan Thrift Shop from my last visit there. I seriously edited one rack of finds because it would have been too much already to buy all the pieces I liked. Most of the stuff I eventually bought were for wearing and some for selling. The ones I first let go were the winter grade jackets from Karl Lagerfeld, Dior and Givenchy although I was really, really, really regretting I let go of the Lagerfeld one. This Takeo Kikuchi got included in my loot because it fits me like a glove. It's just a classic 3-buttoned jacket.

I've been seriously avoiding brown as a color but this paler brown seems close to flesh that it's more neutral in my eyes. I think dark brown makes me sickly pale. The fabric of the jacket feels like paper which is something you would expect from a Japanese designer. It's unlined so that makes it possible for me to wear here in Siem Reap.

I wore it with the Martin Margiela AIDS tee edition for spring/summer 2006.

Mike S. found it in the thrift store and bought it for me. I'm just obsessed with these tees. I think I've got 13 pieces already.

Takeo Kikuchi is now helmed by designer Taishi Nobukuni, a graduate of Central St. Martin's College in London, after it's eponymous designer bowed out in 2004. Aside from clothing Kikuchi also designed spectacle frames and chronographs. The label site here.

No comments: