Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Prints - 'Birds'

Staying here in Cambodia is changing my aesthetic. Or rather it's evolving in ways I couldn't imagine. I've embraced colors and prints. An explosion of it! And now with the help of Spoolworks I'm doing my own prints! In satin, too! A fabric I rarely use coz I hate the shine and how it's easily wrinkled. The pink one is Cambodian raw silk, though, while the black and blue are satin. You are looking at the 'finch' and 'feather' print. I have to check with my bird expert friend, Karen, if it's really a finch, though. :)

The other day I was talking to Elizabeth, former creative director of Le Sport Sac, and she too was experiencing this sudden shift of viewpoint. She has a shop at the Alley, just across the Passage where the One Shop is. She's embracing colors and doing stuff ala Comme des Garcons in such a vibrant and exciting way. Coming from New York where darkness and minimalism rules her new found voice is something new to her. More of her soon, my golly, we're like this: (crosses pointing finger and middle finger). In her words we're separated at birth! lol!

Anyway, I'm going to do a capsule collection using the fabric and I'm quite pleased with the results so far. Can't wait to share it with you guys.

2 comments:

Kiks said...

these really really EXCITED me.

i like prints. i like printing. on textile.

the boomerang kid said...

i like birds and feathers...