Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MEGA features

For this month, Kim Chiu graces the cover of Mega, Philippines longest running and best selling glossy. Kim is such a thinspiration! Ang payat nya, no?

In the accompanying shoot for her cover story she was wearing my 3 net dress - slightly deconstructed, dyed red and black.

Kim should hire Patrick to style her. She looks chica and I actually like how she looks. She's one of those unconventional beauty in a sea of mestiza the biz favors.

And speaking of mestiza, my, my, 'look do we have here'? Anne Curtis was looking like AnJolina Jolie in the September cover.

They had a feature about Philippine Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2008 shows. That's my collection up there and Jasmine M. opened for me. She's one of my fave Pinay models now.

They had nice words about my collection:

"Ultra directional designers such as Don Protasio, etc..., presented collections that were nothing short of brilliant and that easily catapulted them to the top of Philippine Fashion Week 2008.

Don Protasio's somber parade of deconstructed garments was sheer genius. He cleverly layered bizarre-shaped pieces and created a conction of wearable clothes that were evidently modern and precise. Don employed a diverse concord of materials that included Japanese cotton, Takeo weave, Cambodian silk and Vietnam leather to define an elaborate construction technique. We were impressed at the functionality, practicality and the clever design discipline Don has mastered."

La Bolivar was also featured as one of Mega's Most Stylish along with my fave, Ms. Chuvaness.

That soda tab encrusted jacket Ria is holding is designed by moi. I swear it's her fave and was photographed several times wearing it.

Truly grateful Mega, Carla Sibal and Patrick Ty.

3 comments:

SWOONblog said...

Ahh, so it was your dress on Kimmy? She looked fantastic in Mega. Great job. Hope you don't mind.. I reposted your pics/comments on my blog (with credits to you, of course).

Best,
P
SWOONblog.blogspot.com

kawadjan said...

ang galing!!! winnar. publicity dahling, yan ang kailangan natin. para dumami pa ang publique mo.

the boomerang kid said...

bongga... congrats sa iyong dumaraming media mileage!